GOALIE INSTRUCTIONS

according to the soccer goalie guide

As the soccer goalie you will be the last one who can stop your opponent’s from scoring. You must therefore make few mistakes as possible. You need also to keep yourself cool even when you fail. Your teammates know that saving a penalty kick is a pretty difficult task but they are still hoping that you will make it. If you manage to save the ball against all odds you will be a hero, if not you will be no good.

As a soccer goalie you also need to be in constant contact with the ball during your training in order to develop your agility, reflexes and reactions. You won’t become a successful soccer goalie overnight. Instead you will need to practice hard and always do your best, no matter what!
To maintain your calm in difficult situations you will need a great personality and also ability to infect your teammates with your own confidence. You will learn that and many other things by participating in the following goalkeeper program.

Your job as soccer goalie will not be easy. A single mistake may cost your team the victory. It is therefore crucial to always be on your guard because the opponent’s will do everything they can to get the ball past you.

REINSTATE THE ATTACK

Knowing how to reinstate the attacks of your team is crucial. Simply, without this ability you will rarely perform well as goalkeeper. As a goalkeeper you must throw and kick the ball with precision. You can’t just kick or throw the ball away and hope for the best. A good goalkeeper should be able to kick and throw the ball with precision at least 40 yards. If you are not able to kick/throw the ball over 40 yards I recommend you to put more emphasize on this during your practice.

As a goalkeeper you should:

• Never throw or kick the ball back into play unless some of your teammates are completely unmarked

• Never try to dribble your opponent, instead, play smart and kick the ball away

• Always try to find a free standing teammate who can receive the ball without pressure.

So, how to throw the ball?

There are several techniques you can use in order to throw the ball properly. You may for example:

• Throw the ball low

• Roll it along the ground

• Throw it like a tennis serve

You should also study how to kick the ball with precision in following article.

As I mentioned before, try always to have a plan behind your throws and kicks. I repeat, do not throw or kick the ball and hope for the best. Instead, analyze the current situations properly and try to find the best possible solution.

FACING YOUR OPPONENT    1VS.1

All right, enough about throws and kicks; let’s discuss how you should react when you are facing your opponent 1 vs. 1. I know by experience that this type of situations is a nightmare for a goalie. Simply, the opponent is the one that have advantage and you are the underdog.

However, you can still win these situations by following some simple guidelines. Let’s take a look at these:

– Once you leave the goal line there is no turning back. The worst thing you can do is to stand and wait for your opponent. Instead, you should try to attack him as fast as possible and stretch out your whole body to make yourself big. Believe me, if you do this, the chance for winning the duel will increase greatly.

– Keep in mind that you only have one chance to clear the ball away from your opponent’s feet. Once the opponent pass you it will be impossible to stop him from scoring. I know by experience that many opponent’s like to dribble the goalie instead of shooting directly. Try to keep this in mind when facing your opponent 1 vs 1.

-You could also wait for the split second which simply means that your opponent has to first look at the ball before firing a shoot. While your opponent prepares to shoot the ball you should rush toward him and block the shot.

5 thoughts on “GOALIE INSTRUCTIONS

1. Dear Phil,

You have a cool blog I hope you keep getting lots of visitors. Sorry this is a little off topic but that was really nice how you change outfits for Twin Day…I can’t believe the rest of your group got mad at you!!!! Anyway, nice post, it’s nice and long so you don’t have to keep doing a post every few days! Keep up the good work!

Your Friend,
    Taite

• Dear Taite,
      Im still trying to make my blog better do you have any suggestions I don’t know why the my group got mad at me I know somone named ME asked for another post so he can comment on it so I did
      Your Friend,
      phil

• Dear Phillip,
        You might want to try changing your picture, because right now it shows up as a black box. Unless you want it that way. How many comments do you have? Keep up the good work.
        -Bryan

2. Dear Phil,

Yea I saw the comments “me” put on ur blog…
    No one is really on Skype…I’ll talk soon.

Ur friend,
    Taite

Ps my writing my be bad bc on iPod touch

3. Dear Phillip,
    Your blog is coming along nicely. You have a lot of visitors. There are so many widgets that you can get. You should try getting some other ones. If you go to my blog at http://awesomebryan.edublogs.org you might see some widgets that you want to get. I got most of my widgets by going to Mr. Avery’s blog, and looking at the blogs that he has links to on the right side. Exploring other blogs is a great way to get ideas, and make your blog better.
    Your friend,
    Bryan